The scales of justice don't need any explanation, but I guess the saying does. The saying is the same as we got printed on our section t-shirts. I'm not quite sure who came up with it, but it's pretty genius. Because as much as we all want the A's in every class so that we can land that 6 figure job after graduation, the friendships we are forming this first year are equally, if not more important. My classmates will become my colleagues, and I'd like to think that in 5, 10, or even 30 years from now, I will be able to call them for advice, and second opinions. I've met so many great people this year, I cannot imagine having gone through all of this year without them. It has been a memorable year.
Back to cake. It was yummy. I am pretty sure that a lot of people thought that I just bought it rather than made it myself until I said otherwise. It was a lot of fun to make especially because I've been pretty stressed out and doing projects like this or scrapbooking or sewing really mellow me out. Though I was pretty nervous piping the scales. It would have sucked to get halfway through and screw it up. Luckily I didn't :)
Our section representatives (who represent us to student government assn) also put together a whole program with superlatives for the group. Things like "gunner of the year" (the person who raised their hand the most), Person most late for class, etc. John and Mike (the reps) even made a soundtrack for the winners and got them gag gifts to go along with it. It was hysterical.
Baby Reagan even made a guest appearance! Reagan is the daughter of one of my friends / classmates. Her mommy was pregnant with her all of last semester, and actually gave birth the day of our first final exam! Obviously, momma had to take the finals as make-ups in March, but I suppose Reagan was a good consolation prize. Seriously, I have no idea how my friend is a full time mom, plus a law student, plus a wife, and still manages to ALWAYS be prepared and involved and essentially super-woman. Needless to say, we all feel incredibly loving and connected to Reagan, so it was really nice for her to come so we could all meet her. Baby girl got passed from arm to arm last night! She was certainly the star of the show.
All in all it was a great time. We got to spend some time together as a group, eat a good meal and share some laughs. Our professors all even stopped in to join us. It will probably be the last time we are together for the year other than for class, and it was much needed since we are all stressing about finals. It's kind of sad to know the year is almost over. I can't believe how freakin fast it went. I couldn't have asked for a better and more memorable year, even if that silly ole thing like actually learning law, got in the way sometimes!

No comments:
Post a Comment