So I read other blogs quite often, and stumbled across this. I figured I will play along because, let's face it, this blog has been quite the debbie downer lately. So, here I present my list of 10 unimportant things that make me happy. Not big symbolic things like my family and friends, but just silly and insignificant little things that can bring a smile to my face despite what is going on in my life.
1. A Freshly Made Bed - there is nothing like crisp clean sheets.
2. Marshmallow Peeps - come on, brightly colored-sugar coated marshmallows. awesome. plus, they make them for every holiday now.
3. Fresh Cucumber body lotion - not cucumber melon. just cucumber. smells great.
4. Orbit gum - you have no idea how excited i am to find a flavor i haven't tried yet.
5. My baby doll, Heidi - I've had her since I was a little little girl and she now sits on my bed. My brothers think its creepy and weird that i'm 23 with a doll in my room. i think it's fine.
6. Old episodes of dawson's - oh dear lord how i wish it would be put on soapnet. that would be amazing. however, i'd probably never move from my couch again. ever.
7. Getting mail - real mail, especially when i'm not expecting anything.
8. Disney movies - lets face it, Cars and Enchanted are are freakin awesome. Lets not even talk about the princess classics :)
9. Newborns - actually, more like 1 week old babies. they are just so damn small and beautiful and helpless. and the little wimper that they make, it almost sounds like a meow or squeak. it is by far the most precious sound, and i will goo and gah at any newborn in site, stranger or not.
10. The smell of rain - it isn't really something i can describe, except to say that it smells clean to me, as if the sky washed away everything that is wrong with the earth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment